Sixteen-year-old Trisha Reddy recently won the title of Young Chef India and she says she could not believe till she saw it on TV. Trisha completed her Class XI from Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet.
“I had to make two portions of every dish in the given time, using the specified ingredients. It was not as easy as it sounds. But, a lot of people voted for me. As for the competition, 20 per cent of the result was based on the votes and the remaining 80 per cent marks were based on cooking,” says Trisha.
Trisha has been interested in cooking since she was 10. Like the many of us, her first dish happened to be instant noodles, but she quickly developed an interest for cooking and went on to experiment with her dishes.
“My dad loves to cook. He is especially inclined towards a fusion style of cooking. I drew inspiration from both my parents. But if not for my teacher, Maneesha ma’am, who picked me for the competition and kept encouraging me throughout, this might not have been possible,” says the 16-year-old, who wants to shape her skills and open her own restaurant when she grows up.